Sunday, January 24, 2010

FREE EBOOK to check out!


I was checking out this really cool website called Yes, I am Cheap and in one of her posts, she mentioned a website she really liked called The Simple Dollar.  He started his website due to his own financial situation and he begins his story with this:
"A wise man once said “The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.” It took me a long time to summon the courage to admit that it was my own mistakes that led me to financial armageddon. It required me to admit that not only had I been making mistakes since my earliest days, but also to admit that many of the ideas I had learned in my life and built through my own experiences were completely wrong.
In order to understand these mistakes, I am initiating a ten part series of posts, a part to be posted each weekday for the next two weeks, in which I outline those various mistakes and what they did to pave the road to financial armageddon. More importantly, I hope to learn (and perhaps you will learn, too) how these mistakes can be corrected, not only for myself, but for others around me, such as my children. Hopefully, my mistakes laid bare will bring some insight into your own financial mistakes and perhaps lead you to your own epiphanies."
I've made plenty of financial mistakes along the way and all were of my own doing.  It became a big problem when my Ovarian cancer diagnosis came about and upon losing my job, I couldn't pay my bills.  I wish I had been better at being more accountable of my finances and perhaps one day, I'll either succeed or at least be on top of it.  Until then, I'm going to try to learn as much as possible now that my eyes are opening more and more.

Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance on the Back of Five Business Cards is something everyone should read if needing, wanting and is ready to take those first steps.  It all boils down to these few simple steps:

1. Spend Less Than You Earn
2. Earn More
3. Live Frugal
4. Manage Money
5. Control your Own Destiny

What I'm most impressed with is it's just pure and basic common sense, of which I'm a big fan of.  Even if you're in a good financial state, it still doesn't hurt to see what other steps you could take to having an even better financial state.  It's a free ebook and who couldn't use something free nowadays?   You can download it for yourself, I did!  And, I'm sure you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails